Questions to ask my wedding photographer
Couples always want to know what questions to ask my wedding photographer and rightly so. Hopefully I can answer some of the popular ones below.
Are you LGBTQ friendly?
Absolutely! Please check out my LGBTQ wedding photographer page.
What is your wedding photography style?
About 90% of my work is photojournalism, capturing all those special moments as they happen, with minimal intrusion. The other 10% is the more traditional wedding photography style – getting those must-have formal shots and bridal portraits that are great for sharing with family. I have a laid back approach and go with the flow of your day, people watching and enjoying every moment as I document the emotion, happiness and fun of your wedding day celebrations.
Can you travel?
Absolutely! Although a lot of my work is within Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, the Cotswolds and South Wales, I photograph weddings throughout the UK and abroad – Australia being the furthest to date. See my Destination Weddings page.
What equipment do you use?
I use a range of Nikon professional equipment including three Nikon D850 cameras plus a Sony A7iii camera; various Nikon lenses to make sure I get the right shot no matter what the circumstance; and various flashes and triggers.
What about family group shots?
I understand that most couples like some form of group shots, and I will always discuss your must-have images with you list prior to your wedding day. Some couples want to have fun shots with props, and others prefer something more traditional – the choice is yours. With these more formal shots, I ask my couples to designate the grooms-men or best man to be in charge of organising the groups for photos. This keeps things flowing and speeds up the process. I highly recommend trying to keep it around ten or below. This is always a favourite of what I should ask my wedding photographer.
Are the photographs copyrighted?
The photographer will always hold the copyright, though The photos you receive will have printing rights and unlimited download.
Do you create photo albums?
Yes, I’m more than happy to create a professional wedding album for you, finished with high quality paper. I have samples from Queensberry Albums that we can go through at any of our consultations. The purchase of a wedding album is an optional extra on top of your wedding photography package. I create them once you’ve received your photos so that you can choose which images you’d like to go in the album. See my Album page for more information.
How do you photograph in bad weather / winter weddings?
My equipment is weather sealed for bad weather, believe me, I have tested this out on a number or occasions! I’ve also trained and practised to use off camera lighting in any condition – a must in winter months, when it gets dark early. You can see all types of weather on my portfolio gallery.
What if I have further questions?
I hope I have helped you with “what questions to ask my wedding photographer” You can contact me here if you have any topic that I haven’t discussed.